InChI Working Group Updates – 12Aug2023
Saturday August 12th, 2023
Hilton San Francisco Union Square – HQ: Golden Gate 6
9 am to 5 pm, San Francisco Local Time
9 am: Introduction
Harmonise the publication with the program:
9:45: Variable InChI
Progress so far
Markush Centenary Year
10:45 OER: educational resources
12:30 Other InChI things
12:45 Lunch Break
Workshop on writing InChI documentation and publications:
14:00 (a) Training materials: A very short course on the InChI
What is the best context?
What are the most convenient tools?
What exercises should be set?
How could InChI-based exam questions be set?
14:40 (b) Papers under development
- Think like an InChI (review)
- (ii) How the InChI algorithm works (technical detail)
- InChI / SMILES comparison (With Vin Scalfini and the SMILES+ group)
- (iv) Organometallics (Sonja)
Remote access by zoom is available.
For the link: e-mail Jonathan Goodman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The working groups are listed here, when the information is available. If you would like to attend a meeting, please get in touch with the contact listed below or e-mail Jonathan Goodman (email@example.com)
• Education and Outreach: (Bob Belford)
• Isotopologues: (Hunter Moseley)
• Large Molecules: (Evan Bolton)
• Markush and Variability: (Jonathan Goodman)
• Mixtures: (Leah McEwen)
• Nanomaterials: (Third Tuesday each month, except December) (Iseult Lynch)
• Organometallics: (Sonja Herres-Pawlis)
• Polymers: (Gerd Blanke)
• Reactions: (Gerd Blanke)
• Stereochemistry: (Andre Yerin)
• Tautomers: (Marc Nicklaus)
IUPAC InChI Subcommittee